View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 10:05 AM   #22
MARTINSR

Re: Firewall-to-Fender Brace Rods

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
I was looking for something else and found this on the GM Heritage site.

1949_Chevrolet_Truck_Engineering

it goes into detail on a couple things relevant to this thread, including the switch to shackle mounts in the rear, but mostly the change of the lower core support mount from center mount to 8" apart and the addition of the x brace in the rad core to stiffen the front clip shake on rough roads. it doesnt say it specifically, but logically that has to be what the underhood braces were for.

interestingly enough, it talks about the flipped door regulator rods too, which was a discussion on here a while ago.
I am a BIG fan of marketing and have studied the subject. Marketing goes from honestly providing something to help someone to slight of hand magic so they see what you want them to see. LOL

Those sales pitches from that time are so friggin hilarious!

Referring to the new "Grooved retainer spot welded to pillar" to hold the wind lace:

"The old design, the attaching screws pinched the weatherstrip making it wavy and uneven. The new weatherstrip however, is held smoothly and firmly in place and has a much neater appearance."

LOLOLOL funny stuff. I do have to make up my mind if I want to use my old 48 weatherstrip and retainer or weld in the newer "Grooved retainer" to the pillar and go with the new design.
I haven't decided yet.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote