Thread: Am I screwed?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 07:00 PM   #25
lupo

Re: Am I screwed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs46488 View Post
My first paint job was my C10. I picked metallic charcoal base coat/clear coat. It was not the best color for my first job. The dark color showed every flaw in my body work. The metallic paint showed every flaw in my technique.

For my second car I picked arctic white. it was a lot more forgiving for my skill level.

And I'm pretty sure I found my 3rd car to paint.....repainting my C10 because I see all the flaws in my paint job.
Dark colors are the most difficult to paint because it will show every flaw in the bodywork. Use 2 different color primers when you sand it it will show you the high and low spots. When custom cars were built a while back they would paint them black, all the flaws would be magnified they would come back straighten it up then paint it to final color. The use of 2 different color primers is called perfect panel.When you're done knocking the flaws out re-prime it so the color is uniform. If you paint over 2 different color primers the topcoat could be different shades It's probably on YouTube

Last edited by lupo; 12-18-2019 at 07:07 PM.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote