View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 08:11 AM   #8
special-K
Special Order

Re: Uncles '71 Tow Rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach-Burban View Post
Tim...your story paints a picture that's even better than a photo...but photos are nice to have too!

Woody
I don't think we ever took a picture of that one at all. My wife was driving a Samurai which just fit she, myself, our two kids, and a few grocery bags. I got it for her to drive to nursing school down in Baltimore. New, cheap on gas, 4wd, no worries about her making it down and back. Then came the offer to sell me the Suburban, so I sold a '72 K/10 I had, same color and all. It was great for trips and things like hauling kids and their friends around. The opposite end of the spectrum from the Samurai... including MPGs (402). But she rarely drove it, said it was too big , so I sold it and we traded the Suzuki in for a new '90 Blazer when she graduated.

You want a picture of it? Here we go. It was a medium blue '71 Custom Deluxe/10 with blue interior, 402/TH400, loaded with options, 8" rallyes with narrow 70 series whitewalls, roof rack. It had recently been hit in the rear and the guy insisted on all N.O.S. parts for the repair (remember, a Vette restorer who worked at a Chevy dealership). So it had a new bumper, tailgate, lights, and gas tank. I sure couldn't tell it had ever been repaired. Yes, I really wish I still had that!

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote