View Single Post
Old 10-30-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
TheKorndog

Re: Front bucket seats

Ok so I just pulled stock utility seats from my '70 Blazer I can send you pics if you want to see how the factory brackets on the passenger side work.

If you have them readily available, I would appreciate it.

I replaced them with seats from a 1999 Sierra extended cab. This is the only year I can find that had integrated seat belts, and the easy access lever. In 2000 I think the 4th door became standard so they no longer needed the easy access option. I can say that they work perfect, when you pull the lever the seat slides all the way forward and the back tilts forward allowing plenty of room for even a reasonable sized adult to acces.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I have been scouring the net to look for any kind of bucket that folds forward like the stock application. I know Jeep seats (TJ) slide/fold, but I don't like the way they look, much less how they would look in my classic baby. I don't know that I am in so much need of integrated belts. I almost want to retain the old lap belts.

I tried Burban seats and there was no way anyone other than a small child was getting in the back with the top on.

I have small kids for now, but they grow!

Thank you!
-K
Stroked L31 & serpentine belt system (97 C1500 donor); K case 4L60e; Fitech GoEFI 4; In Tank retrofitted fuel pump tnk-pa-6; Fitech GoShift controller; 12 bolt Yukon gear posi 3.73 rear diff; NP205; Redhead steering gear; JB Custom Fab NP205 twin sticks
TheKorndog is offline   Reply With Quote