View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 09:21 AM   #97
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

joedoh...I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. I'll be putting the AC in over the Winter, so any other spring and or spacer mods can be done at that time.

Busy weekend at Aces High Speed Shop. When I started pushing the broom to clean up last night, it felt like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. Francis is blown completely back apart to a bare frame, cab/front sheet metal, and even the engine/trans is out.

The steering column is installed, the brake pedal is hung, booster/master in place, steering shaft cut, fitted, and drilled. I broke the engine down some more in an effort to get it cleaned and painted. Put the indicator lights in the dash, used some existing holes, that will be less to "hide" later. Drilled 3 new holes for the momentary starter switch, and the cruise control switches.

I had bought a floor mount and a steering column drop that were aluminum, didn't like how either of them worked out, so I fab'd my own pieces.

On to the pictures! Don't mind some of the welds, they will be/or have been cleaned up and done proper.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote