View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 10:03 PM   #2
Caustik

Re: In the Red 69 GMC

After finally being able to pick it up after the mud had dried some and there was time to make the trip I made it home. Problem one, I have a "normal" 2 car garage that is full of things from 3 people, Space is tight. I had to cut the rear bumper off just to fit it inthe garage and have enough room to squeeze around it.

On the trailer with my 355 Solid axle S10, with a few other mods.

After spending a bout an hour shuffling it off the trailer while blocking off the end of the cul-du-sac. It made it into the hole.

With the door shut, I was left with 8" in the rear 4" up front and barely a foot down either side. For the next week I spent a few hours each night pulling the bed off and stripping the rest of the body from the chassis.

The next portion of work is something that hits a nerve with a few people, so if you're one of those people, sorry.

The saying "happy wife happy life" is being applied to this. I want the other half to be able to drive this, from which stemmed a few issues that need to be sorted. First most obvious the length, She isnt a big car person, and I didn't really fight for it so chop chop.

Caustik is offline   Reply With Quote