View Single Post
Old 09-19-2008, 01:02 AM   #118
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Time for another update....

Got the rear shock mounts almost ready to reinstall today. Had to locate new studs because one of the originals was trashed and ended up replacing both for the sake of uniformity -- found exactly what I needed at NAPA. Cut the old ones off with a reciprocating saw, used a grinder to smooth them out, then blasted, primed, and painted. Need to pick up a couple larger lock washers and they'll be ready to bolt on tomorrow night.

Also finished painting all of the remaining mount brackets (cab and radiator) and they'll be ready to bolt on tomorrow night as well.

Waiting for CPP to send me a return tag so I can send back the rear sway bar kit they sent me at the end of July -- discovered last week that they sent the kit for coil springs instead of leaf. Also waiting for them to ship me a new pair of tubular lower A-arms. The ones I bought for my other truck projects (set up for air bags) were shipped back on the 16th and the new ones will be sent as soon as the old ones arrive in California.

Also waiting for a complete front-end setup to be delivered -- crossmember and other suspension/steering stuff. Supposed to be painted and ready to install, though I'm going to be disassembling it and using the CPP tubular upper/lower A-arms and drop spindles. Need to get my garage cleaned out and the "new" oven hooked up so I can get the spindles powdercoated and ready to install! I need about a month off work....

In the meantime, I can start fitting the under-bed gas tank in between other tasks.
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote