View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #123
brossow
Amateur Rust Fighter

Re: Brent's '72 Custom/10 SWB stepside build

Front-end setup and radiator core support were delivered this morning as expected, though unfortunately I had to be at work. (Thanks again, Bryan!) Got home early and immediately dug into the stuff. Had help from my 7-year-old, who learned how to run an air impact wrench (and eventually how to release the trigger ).

Everything came apart easily and the center link went right into the blasting cabinet. Didn't have time to paint it tonight but that'll happen tomorrow after work. Think I might throw the K-member (is it a K-member? if not, what is it called?) in the back of the car tomorrow and see about having the place that did my frame take a shot at sandblasting it if they can do it cheap enough. I'm gonna be just a couple blocks from them for work tomorrow anyway, so what the heck.

The upper A-arms are ready to go, but I still want to get the spindles powdercoated and I'm still waiting on the lower A-arms to be delivered, so I guess my next order of business is to get the garage cleaned out so I can move the stove in and wire it so I can get started on powdercoating. Wish the electrical fairy would show up tonight and do it while I'm asleep!
Attached Images

'72 Chevy SWB stepside - [ Build Thread ]
'79 ChevMC SWB fleetside - [ Build Thread ]
'64 Chevy SWB fleetside & '66 Chevy SWB stepside (waiting in the wings...)

Last edited by brossow; 09-22-2008 at 11:13 PM.
brossow is offline   Reply With Quote