View Single Post
Old 01-11-2019, 02:04 PM   #62
cebra

Re: 71 Cheyenne Rooftop Build

I have about $5K in my swap parts now for a dang 4.8L but I have everything I think need less the last 4 feet or so of fuel line and fittings. I spent extra on BP harness and Dingo sliders to hopefully make the installation quicker but the real cost was I am $1,700 into the NV3500. It took months to find, I had to pay $850 for it plus yoke, shifter, flywheel, clutch, hardware, hydraulics, etc. added up. I could have been all in on a 4l60 for $350 locally. Oh well, I think it is worth the extra for stick. I am working on prepping the engine for paint, doing maintenance items, and removing what I don't need for the swap. I also am slowly working on installing the clutch master cylinder and plumbing. Other than that, I am getting close to pulling my 350 on the roof of my parking garage and dropping the LS/NV3500 in (weather dependent). My truck is still goofy looking as I have not cut the frame down yet. I made a brothers style kit for $50 so I can bolt it up and drive somewhere to use power to weld it up.
Attached Images