Thread: 1961 Bubbletop
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 04:19 PM   #18
1968C30

Re: 1961 Bubbletop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BT 56 View Post
Those wheels look just fine. I like steelies and poverty caps too but you cant beat a junkyadr find . Please loose the whitewalls tho. I grew up around them . Make the hair on my neck stand up now. Thanks dad. Lol...... How did you come across this car ? Good story by chance ?
Thanks, I was thinking the same thing with the white walls! I saw the car listed on Ebay and realized who had it. It did not meet reserve, a couple of months after the auction ended I was at the owners shop and asked him if he had sold the bubbletop and now here it sets. The car was a one family owner, the original passed and his sister ended up with the car. She then sold it to the nephew. The car was garage kept until the garage started falling in. It then sat out for four years with a cover over it and one year without a cover. Car only has 33000 miles. Was last inspected and on road in 1980. It has lots of paper work with it. Still have the receipt where the original owner traded in the Rambler and paid $1275 difference. The car still had the original Delco plug wires and distributor cap. It also has the original shocks and exhaust!!! Just a neat old car no one has fooled with. It has a little rust but not bad for a 51yr old WV car. Thanks Daniel
1968C30 is offline   Reply With Quote