View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 05:36 PM   #1
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

The Old Mule - 64 BBW

Figured I would start a build thread to keep a run of what I am doing with my new ride. Nothing major, but had to fix a couple things to make it mine.
First and foremost, gotta have my foot gas pedal. (yeah I know, but I lived and survived the 70's...at least it isn't on a Gremlin )
Next was my front tag. I have forgotten how long I have been using it, but as the guys at work state, we know it is yours if it has the plate.

Lastly was having a place for the coffee and water bottles.

I picked up a cup-holder for a 2002 Silverado Work Truck (GM Part#88938355). They are still a bit pricey ($65), but I had mine so I took it out of the 83 and removed the shelf angle that I added to mount it in the 83.
The 66 bench seat is flat still across the front lower lip. Originally I though I would have to pull the seat, drill, then bolt it on, but I found a simpler way.
Got two (2) old Harbor Freight 1" c-clamps, flipped them with the screw end up into the seat and clamped the original cup holder brackets to the seat lip.

Again, I was doing this mainly to see if it would clear and I could mark for holes, but the cup holder is solid and isn't going anywhere.
If you can find one in a junkyard these holders work great for all size containers.

Well back to driving it.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote