View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 12:22 AM   #36
iowaboynca

Re: "1950 GMC" -Charlotte

Christmas came early!!!...or late...being that its about 6 months either way

Suspension parts came in from Speedway. Was showing the wife as I started to take inventory and she got 'excited'. I replied, "Really, that's all it takes?" and she answers "When I think what that truck will do when your done, yeah..." I can imagine what her reaction would have been if I went with the Scott's front end (cuz I think its gorgeous).

Anyway couldn't wait and decided to weld in the gusset & spacer into the x-member that came with the Speedway parts (too bad i ordered the same from Paul Horton's...oh well...) The driver side gusset is a bit on the high side but should work. Regarding alingment, i had the A-arm bolts in the spacer and gussets when i tacked the parts in so i won't have a problem when assembling.

So...need to find some boxing plates and get some shielding gas for the welder. I don't mind welding w/ flux but get a bit bubblegummy. (is that a word?) then we'll be *ahem* cooking with gas!!!

In closing, i'm getting more impressed with Speedway. The parts they sent look really good and the customer service has been good as well, and the price was right. Kinda wish the packing was a little better but hey it got here. I'm pretty happy with the purchase.

Stay tuned!
Attached Images