View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 03:19 AM   #8
68 50th

Re: 454 SS Commercial

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Raw fish is bait!

Thanks for sharing this. It's interesting to see it is done in English, and to see the different required equipment such as rear mud flaps (I assume). Is that a light on the front fender? I have had European model cars with a light there for street parking. Was wondering if that was still done... or if Sweden ever did. I had a '58 VW Bug that had many exceptions to the norm in the US. KPH speedo was the least of them
The rear mud flaps was a mandatory thing on all vehicles back then but it isnīt today, the requirement disappeared in 1995 when Sweden joined the EU.
Although it is no longer a requirement, I usually still have them on the vehicles I drive in the winter.

The light in the front fender is a side mounted turn signal lamp. Side mounted turn signals are mandatory on all vehicles from 1986 model year and newer. On newer vehicles they are often mounted in the outside rear view mirrors.

There are a couple of different requirements regarding lights and turn signals that people sometimes struggle with when importing vehicles from US to Europe.
For example, turn signals must be orange both front, rear (and side if required). But if a vehicle is 1975 model year or older it is OK with red turn signal in the rear and white in the front.

There are no requirements for side mounted parking lamps, at least that I know of, just front and rear. Could possibly be different in some other European country.

However, I think a recall that some German cars had a function like if you turned on the turn signal with ignition off it triggered that side turn signal lamps but with a constant light instead of on/off/on/off and that way worked like one side parking lamps.
1992 Silverado Sport Truck
1988 Silverado 2500 Ext Longbed 4x4
2001 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
1990 Chevrolet K3500
1965 Pontiac Grand Prix
1980 Z 28 350/4-speed/AC/T-top
1980 Camaro Coupe V6/3-speed
1979 Buick Century Wagon
68 50th is offline   Reply With Quote