View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 09:00 PM   #410
AllGoNoShow

Re: 67-72 Truck 3 Point Retractable Seat Belt Kits - Bolt in - Morris Classic

Hey Matt,

Finally got around to installing the belts I bought from you. Running into a couple issues I hope you or the guys that have installed them can help me out with.

First thing is that I do not have enough room where the shoulder mount is bolted in to the B-pillar to press on the plastic cover (which has tabs that have to go around the metal part which is tight against the cab). It appears the shoulder bolt that is supplied needs to have the shoulder part slightly longer to space the metal piece off the cab more so the plastic cover can snap in.

Also, on the driver side, I'm not even close to being able to rotate the reel mechanism so the belt doesn't drag along the side (per the instructions) because it hits part of the seat bracket. And even with the floor mount adjusted as much inboard as it can be (hitting the seat bracket), my door just barely hits the plastic cover of the reel mechanism which I'm sure won't look nice after a couple hundred times of closing the door.

Pictures below. I figure I may be able to remedy the first problem with washers between the shoulder bolt, but the second problem looks like I'm going to have to pull the seat and hack off a ton of that metal tab on the seat bracket to the point where it would almost certainly be compromised.

Just for people considering this option, I will also say that the fixed belt with the buckle is about 4-6 inches too long. Unlike most three points where the buckle attaches to the side of the occupant's hip, its like the belt is too long and puts the attachment point/buckle in my stomach/lower abdomen which feels odd but I imagine I will get use to. This will only get worse when/if I lower the bench seat with those aftermarket brackets.
Attached Images

AllGoNoShow is offline   Reply With Quote