View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 09:33 AM   #87
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Re: Pics of your garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn View Post
Lippyp, I like that Iowa plate. That "71" is the county designation for the state & its the county that I live in here. Funny how far that plate has traveled over the years.

Amazing, I picked it up in a junk shop over here for a couple of pounds! At some point they must have shipped container loads of old US plates over as they seem to turn up all over the place. I guesssome will have come off vehicles that have been imported too, a lot of ex servicemens vehicles end up staying here. I have a feeling my truck came to the UK that way as it came from an area with a lot of USAF bases. I pick them up when I see them cheap as I have an idea to collect one from each state but I prefer em old and battered. I don't know how it works over there, here in the UK plates are specific to the car and stay with it for life generally although they can be transferred at a cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CG View Post
There have been several people that have said something like this. So when I built my 18 x 28 I shouldnt have bothered? I should have kept my stuff in my old Costco 10 x 20 tent I guess.
Hey, I've got one of these I'm trying to find a window to put it up in my garden to put the truck in but this winters been awful weatherwise, its either been raining, blowing a gale or snowing (like today when its done all three!) Good old Costco.

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote