View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
ChevyTech

Re: Weird no start after oil change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedude5804 View Post
I did get it to run for about 10 seconds with the gas pedal to the floor. As soon as i lifted my foot it died.
This sounds like it was flooded. If you poured fuel down the TBI that could cause this.

A bad coolant temp sensor that the computer monitors can cause to much fuel to be injected. The computer monitors the coolant temp sensor by the thermostat housing. It is a separate sensor then the one for the dash gauge. You could have bumped the wire to the coolant sensor when you were doing the work on it. You should check the connection.

There is also a ground in the front area of the intake usually close to the thermostat the is very important. That ground is where the computer and computers sensors get their ground.

You may want to try unplugging the injectors and cranking the engine to get the fuel cleared out of the engine. It may start when doing this if there is still excessive fuel in the engine. Then reconnect the injectors and see if it starts. If an engine gets very flooded the spark plugs my need to be removed and dried / cleaned.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote