View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 08:26 PM   #40
88lowrider

Re: HELP, Broke down Again !!!

Got it. She fired right up. She rolled over maybe twice and lit right up.
Over the years there had been enough condensation in that distributor that it was rusty, so out and apart it came. Polished up things and added a new pickup coil. Use the old cap, old everything else and she is running so not its time to unload her off the car hauler.
I was concerned about that distributor with 300k on it but the shaft is still snug fitting so it was a easy rebuild.
Lots of other things to do to her now, tune up, serpentine belt, check all the hoses, license and title change back to Oregon.

Next thing is to try and chase down that phantom draw.
New battery, new alternator plus pulled the wires off to test for draw. I think I was pulling a bank of fuses at a time but now she is not required to be running every day so now I hope to chase that down and hook my alarm system back up.

I am sure I can come up with a little device that can trigger a relay for a horn or whatever that once the current drawn is over what is normal, she will warn me.
Then I can start pulling fuses and disconnecting things until I find it.
The radio started acting up but its on a fuse that I think I had pulled but will start over finding that phantom draw she has.

Does a 60 or 85 milliamp draw sound about right, don't exceed that ?

Last edited by 88lowrider; 03-02-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
88lowrider is offline   Reply With Quote