View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:45 PM   #1
Marv D
Registered Truck Offender

LMAO, somtimes you just have to claim STUPIDITY

Went out first round yesterday at ADRA race #5. I can't believe this!!!!

My pairing for Round 1.... Rob Papeneau and his 8 second blown alcohol Chevette. They found a broken ladder bar just before first round. Rob is a good guy and tells me, I'm broke, but going to stage to get my showup points. Reminds me,, my 11 second dial to his 8.60 dial,, DON'T GO RED!!!"

So I plug an extra tenth into the box to make sure and away we go. I'm away green and think,, well this is like a free time trial right.... Yeah right!!!

Rob dialed a 8.69 that his car usually runs, leaves slow and easy and limps to the finsh line with a 21.78 @ 45mph. I was almost to the return road when I saw HIS win light come on.

Just HOW STUPID!!! I crossed 16 seconds before he did,,, but wasn't smart enough to lift at the top end to make SURE I didn't BREAK OUT!!!

It was hot, miserable HOT (102°), Firebird was about as inconsiderate to the team as they possibly could be. So going out in the 1st, and saying that's it!!!I'm DONE with Firebird was a fitting end to a really screwed up day.

When you're dead, it's only a problem for the people around you, because you don't know you're dead.
.....It's kinda the same when your STUPID.

I just did my taxes and reviewed my SS statement. Thanks to the current administration it looks like I will only have to work till noon on the day of my funeral.
Marv D is offline   Reply With Quote