View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #29
406 Q-ship

Re: Who saw the Farm Truck on the new Street Outlaws Show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmiller022 View Post
Slicks are not DOT approved, so it is not street legal.

Believe me ive gotten a ticket for being on slicks, not street radials before.

Still a bada$$ truck though. and I even like the show even though its dumb as hell to try and run 2k hp on an un-prepped street.
Well that rules out the The Farmtruck too, he is on slicks as well. This is what street racing has been like since the late 1980's, I know cause I did it between 83 and 90. The really big guys with the super fast cars, don't even bring the cars to the meet up location, most of their racing are set up by phone and run at strange times to throw off the PD. The Farmtruck is a very cool sleeper vehicle that was the type to go to the meet up location and find a local "racer" and kill him for 100 to 500 bucks......over and over. Where I raced it was a 1969 Olds Cutlass called "old gold" that would race like the The Farmtruck. The thing that tells me that it is made up (or they are lieing on the show, VERY POSSIBLE) is the dollar amounts the cars are running for, come on 500 or 1000 dollars was what the 13 seconds cars would take from the squirrels.

Take my advice on this........DON'T street race, you could lose your life, your vehicle (many states have confiscation laws), or the worst one.......you could kill or mame an innocent. Remember that not everyone on the street has chosen to be in your little race, take your ego and your car to the track.

Where patience fails, force prevails

Stapp's Ironical Paradox "The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."
406 Q-ship is offline   Reply With Quote