View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 11:38 PM   #18
Short 3/4

Re: No Spin tag/sticker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
I should be able to get real close to the one Greg posted with printing them. The metal tag really would need to be screen printed and that would get costly. The metal tags were probably pad printed originally. The red and white one I do now is listed most places as 63 to 70 C10's so I assume it is a 12 bolt decal. So on these other ones what year and what rear end are they being used with? The metal tag is on what looks to be a 63 with an Eaton rear. What info have you guys got on the chrome looking decal?
Jimmy
From what I have found, the metal tag was used up until the early 60's, when they moved from Detroit to Warren. This also appears to be when they went to a sticker. It changed again in about 64 when Zip codes came about.
It appears that the factory always put the tag or sticker behind the seat, but if the locker was dealer or aftermarket installed, then it went wherever they felt like putting it.
KS-10 was the model number that fit the Eaton 3/4 or 1 tons up until the early 70's. GM's with the Dana rear should have had a different number.
NoSpins were not offered on K trucks (at least not in 60-66) but could be installed by the dealer.
All of the above is just what I have been able to find. If anybody out there knows different, please correct me.
Jimmy, I know you do not do metal tags,and the one with a Zip code would be correct for my 65, but I have always liked the early 'Detroit 13' tag like Jay shows, so would love to have a sticker made up in that style. Any way you would consider a run like that?
Thanks to all, Tom
NoSpin HO72 4.10 rear
Short 3/4 is offline   Reply With Quote