View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Incidental costs to rebuilding trucks

First time project by a mile. Speaking for myself..........

Three carts and a work table. Just when I thought I was done buying casters and building carts, I recently bought four 10" locking casters to turn the frame into a cart. I managed to make the cab cart difficult, but I'm real happy with the design. Built a rolling platform to lay the cab on it's back....looking forward to doing that.

I thought I had a lot of tools, but hardly. Impact and sockets, a couple grinders, far too many tools/supplies to mention. I had never used any of them until now. New Engine hoist, engine stand, transmission jack, floor jack, four sets of stands.

Blew near $800 on paint supplies for parts & frame. Since then I've changed my mind in favor of Powder coat and professionally painted. Besides, my compressor is marginal. Be cool to have a new one, ha! Ooooooops.......Required storage space and organization is wow, just wow.

Won't bore you with what I've documented, but somewhere around 200 pages excluding lists and graphs. I can say I'd never heard of NOS, BBC, half the other stuff nor 90% of the parts. Had I known what a SWB was, my user ID wouldn't be quite so obvious

It may have had an impact on my marriage to extent as well, but divorce was a long time coming anyway, trust me, I was there so my truck served me well once again 32 years married, and I've owned the truck 29 and counting. Till death do us part.........ha! - Okay, bad joke, sorta.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote