View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:19 AM   #7
Hubscrub
Cruzin

Re: Back to the fifties with a 59 project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55dude View Post
the door issue is pretty common: lower door hinge support area is rusted on the door! does the motor turn over by hand? has a standard 3spd with column shift. if motor is frozen remove the plugs and fill the cylinders with a ATF/ACETONE mixture 50-50 and let it soak for a week and that should free it up. 235's are tough to kill. the carb can be rebuilt and parts house will have kit under $20.
yea, i took the small panel off and found the mount broke away on the hinge, not sure on the engine yet can't work on it for the rain. I want to get the door fixed and a window in to first thing to seal it up better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus View Post

These trucks are some of the nicest ever made, enjoy it!
And luckily for us, there is a large enough demand to generate a unbelievable aftermarket scene... you can literally build a complete truck with aftermarket parts, cab and all...
All of the parts you will need can be found...
as an example, here is the complete lower door panel that can be replaced...

Classic Parts Link

Ive been working on my truck on/off for 8 years (and i'm only 25)
whenever im working on it though, I am having fun...
Enjoy it!
thanks all for the comments this will be a learning experience for me i'm a 67-72 guy mostly i have always wanted a 50's era truck though so i couldn't pass this chance up.

Back to the Fifties 59 https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...NAeStpydfrcj_U

Proverbs 3:5,6

"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel across the country from coast to coast without seeing anything."Charles Kuralt

In memory of our first baby daughter, daddy and mommy love you.
Danica Grace 6/26/14
Hubscrub is offline   Reply With Quote