View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 02:24 AM   #39
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo72 View Post
This is a great thread to follow! Great progress! My Jimmy is the same color! Where in Washington are you located?
Thank you!
I'm located in Vancouver, Wa.
I love your Jimmy, it makes me second guess changing mine over to a Cheverolet!!!
Also my favorite color.

Doing a build thread is nice because it forces me to keep track of the process... otherwise I would take a fraction of the pictures and not have anything to look back on. I wish I would have done something on the Jeep CJ5 I put together a couple of years ago.

What size lift and tires do you have on your Jimmy? It has a great stance, very proportioned. I have had a heck of a time deciding on lift, wheel & tire size. I am limited to a 7' garage door opening.

I will never have a top on it again, so I think I can get away with a 6" lift and 35's. I am going to run a 4" lift with the Offroad Design zero rate add a leafs. 35's and 5" of total lift.

I love the look of polished slotted mags, The US Mag U101 wheels are what I am leaning towards. I think mine would sit pretty close to the ochre Blazer in the first pic. I already own a set of Alcoa 15x12 wheels that look to be the same style as the Orange Blazer... The truck has my favorite stance, 35x14.50 Pitbull Rockers with a 5" lift. The problem is that I don't want to run bias ply tires. Believe it or not, options for 35" tires on 15" rims seem to be becoming less and less as people move to 17" or larger wheels... or so the fella at the tire store tells me... I also don't want to run 12.50 tires on 12" wide wheels, I would probably be fine doing so, but I don't want to risk popping a bead on a hard turn. It would be my luck to do so.

Lol, first world problems.
Attached Images