View Single Post
Old 02-23-2017, 12:32 AM   #49
Spf79

Re: 1972 Build thread.

I have the art of spending money and not accomplishing anything down to a science.

I picked up my tranny today. Very pleased with the process I went through - great customer service. If the transmission runs as well as the interaction has been during the build I will be ecstatic with the finished product. It is a th350, I looked at a th400, then I looked at the cost needed to mate my np205 and passed, because I'm cheap. Not sure if I made the right choice... but I'm not hot rodding this truck so I think I will be OK. I had the guy build the tranny as much as he could for a th350. His name is Kieth Just, he spends time between Longview, Wa & Phoenix, az. I will attach the build sheet with his cell number, he is reasonable, definitely way cheaper than taking it to a shop and he gave me a 1 year warranty starting from when I install it. He said he wants to go for a ride.

I had a th350 behind a hot 383 in my 79 swb 4wd with a 4" lift & 33's... and at 19 I beat the living poop out of that truck and that tranny held up way better than the 10 bolt in the rear. I blew a supposedly new rebuilt 700r4 out of my 1st blazer before I put a th350 in it. I wasn't very kind to that vehicle either. I kick myself for selling both of them. But this 72 is making it all worth it.
Attached Images