View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
Steve Van Gent

Re: Power Window Project DIY 64-66 TRUCK

UPDATE: Sorry, been pretty busy. Just got back from SEMA show, have little time to post. SEE PICS: Got new regulator, new motor. Using trusty die grinder and cutting blade, removed old gear and protection plate. As soon as I saw gear, I knew it was a non-starter for this method. The new power motor gear was much finer pitch than the old 64-66 sector (for those that do not know, sector is the part with teeth that the gear mates with). THis is unfortunate, as the power motor and mount itself are spectacular. Would have made a great solution.

All this said, I am not finished yet. Here is some thoughts;

NEXT STEPS:

OPTION 1: I could take a sector from a 85-92 chevy truck, cut off and rivit to old 64 sector, making new sector proud with repect to old sector. THis would make the correct pitch teeth present to new power motor. this option is not very attractive to me, as would kill off most DIY people.

OPTION 2: Find power window motor with correct gear, correct pitch. Oddly enough, at SEMA, I found all Chinese vendors in the AAPEX hall that did power window regulators.
Attached Images

Steve Van Gent is offline   Reply With Quote