Thread: 57 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2005, 06:00 PM   #1
Apache

57 Chevy

Me and my grandpa picked up a 57 Chevy SWB yesterday. Dont have any pics up yet...but ill try to get some when I can. Cab corner is gone, rust won that war. Front fender needs some repair...but other then that it isnt in bad shape. Guy said it had sat near a creek and the water got up, and flooded the engine (235 with 3 speed). Radiator is full of water so his story seems believable (rather then cracked head/block...radiator would be low on water from the engine itself leaking). Engine isnt locked completely up, it will turn but has a rough spot. Rust has started at the top of one of the cylinders. We drained the watered down oil and flushed the engine with some diesel fuel. Took the plugs out and sprayed some PB in the cylinders to let them soak. Going to put new oil in and try to fire it up.

Its pretty much like its suppost to be minus a few things that has happened to alot of trucks like these....metal in the bed, dash cut a little for a radio, and aftermarket shifter in the floor. Going to try and repair the dash, put in a new floor cover and switch to colum shift and maybe put wood back in the bad later on. Picked it up for $500
58 Chevy LWB 235/4spd
76 Chevy Nova 350/TH350 4.88's *10kmiles on "new" engine
79 Chevy 4x4 SWB 350/4spd 3/4 ton
81 Mazda RX7
84 F@!d Mustang
96 F@!d Ranger 2.3L/5spd

Last edited by Apache; 06-20-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote