View Single Post
Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #191
phillipm

Re: 78 2wd Blazer - LS Swap and more..

After only driving the Blazer a few times really, and I've already come to realize that rolling down the back window manually sucks. If you've got something in your hand it's made even worse as you fling that handle around and around only after awkwardly fumbling to get the thing unlocked if you've done so.. After reading nothing but horror stories about 40 year old motor/cable/transmissions not working right I decided to give the guys at Nu-Relics a call. Dusty there was super nice. He explained that while they are unable to provide a all new solution, if I sent him a power regulator he would modify it with a reliable motor on regulator design he's come up with over the years.

What I got back is nothing short of awesome! They hot dipped and stripped my regulator, replaced the original transmission with a new welded on adapter ring and then mounted the new style motor right to the regulator. After that they cleaned and even painted it as well as replaced both rollers for me. It wasn't inexpensive by any means but it was the do it once and hopefully not worry about it again solution!

Here are a couple pics of it when I opened up the box last night..

Wish I would have taken a before picture but I didn't. Just imagine a nasty grimy piece that you definitely didn't want to handle without gloves on. It had broken rollers and a broken cable transmission. Now I've got this bad boy! Really looking forward to getting the harness run and wiring it up.

Last edited by phillipm; 09-21-2017 at 12:50 PM.
phillipm is offline   Reply With Quote