View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #100
sdwolff98
Turning Wrenches Daily

Re: 1964 GMC 3/4 ton build :D

been busy the last few months doing little things on this truck the cab insulation is complete now. Will be ordering carpet for the truck this friday to install then will start reassembling the interior here very soon. On the 6l80 I have it a trans shop and they were trying to convert it to a 2wd with a donor trans they had that has a cracked reverse drum in it. They kept telling me the shaft would not work lol... Good reason why their donor trans is a 6l90e not a 6l80e. So now they are getting a new drum for the 6l90 and putting it together for me instead of the 6l80 lol. They replaced the clutch discs and valve body in the 6l90 already so will have a very fresh trans when all said and done plus being a 3/4 / 1 ton transmission to boot!. Working on the engine covers and e brake cables today. Got to go back to the cheby house and find a little piece called an equalizer for the e brake cables for my disc conversion. Looking at the parts diagrams the passenger side cable is much shorter than the driver side and the equalizer is part of that assembly. now all I need is that peice and figure out how it intergrates the two cables and should be just about set on rear disc brakes sean style..... The engine cover turned out beautifully with the older gmc emblems I had floating around in a box in my garage. *chuckles* I paid 50 bucks for a truck that had them on the sides of the hood not realizing they are from a 56-58 gmc but oh well found a use for them so nothing wasted. Once I get the trans home will be reinstalling the engine and trans so I can find out where the trans shifter cable needs to go through the floorboard and start reassembling all of the interior, wiring harnesses etc. Then on to the cooling system and drive shaft. Once those two are finished painless is gonna send me there new test harness and computer for the 6.2/6l combo to do a test fit and run on it!!!! I dont know what the rewards is for helping them in their rnd but looking forward to having this thing up and running. I have the tank and all the fittings reasy to go plus a ford fuel pump that puts out up to 90psi and the corvette filter/regulator assembly. After that on to the bed get it lifted off the truck and replace the wood floor and strips and get ready for inspection and drive time :{) .... cant wait 13 years and I am more than ready to load this beast up with a 20 foot trailer and get to movin into a new house with 5 acres for more toys!

Sean

1964 GMC I1500 2wd (my baby) 8.1 allison 6 spd conversion Aka Smurf http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438342
2016 Ram Big Horn 4WD parts hauler
2010 Chevy HHR wife new car after the circled problem blew up!!!
1981 Ram D150 /6 auto Wife's sunday driver

Living outside Gladewater Texas now working in Longview at the hospital there

future project toys:
1966 Chevy K14 carryall aka Smurfette future project 283/auto overdrive http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=551867
sdwolff98 is offline   Reply With Quote