View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 11:02 AM   #36
68Gold/white

Re: Bad news from the tire shop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHWAY BY THE SEA View Post
This whole thing with these wheels just keeps getting worse and worse. I have five rusty junky split-ring wheels, one type unknown one-piece (top picture in first post), and a damn FORD one-piece one!! This truck was cheesed completely out!!! Thanks to all who have assisted in responses to this post. It has been a true eye-opener.
No it's not that bad!!!

The picture of your one non split ring wheel (ford wheel), that has a slightly larger center hole, ALSO has a hole drilled in it, between the lug holes. This is a tell tale of a ford wheel. Your picture of the one spare 16" wheel does NOT have this hole. Something to look for when you look at used wheels...

IF, IF, my memory is working at the moment, the ford hubs have a pin attached to the surface where the wheel mounts. THe wheel can only be mounted one way, with that pin through the hole on the wheel (Special K.??)

Does not surprise me, another better idea by ford...

Taking your spare wheel will help out, a lot!!! Take a tape measure with you, just to be safe...

LOL, the split ring is only on one side of ANY split rim (the outer side, if mounted on front), was never on other side....
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote