View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #37
msg

Re: Pearl vs Metallic questions

After that 3rd coat at 1.5 turns on the air dial I rotated it out 1 more full turn to get a total a of 2.5 turns on it to try and get the paint to spray out better. I had to apply 3 more coats at that setting, with another need to mix more paint at the 5th coat. After 6 total coats the primer exposed spots looked like they got better coverage. Then for the drop coat I lowered the pressure on the gun to around 18 or so. I backed away twice the distance compared to previous copats and sprayed not in the 4inch drop per row method but wider and fewer rows. I was trying to replicate what I saw the guys do in the drop coat videos that were mentioned in the previous posts.

Here are some final pics. So in all it took 6 base coats plus 1 top coat and I still have about 2 oz left over from 12 oz total. If it took that much for one side of one door Im guessing then when I do buy the final color whatever it is that Ill need around 2 gallons or better.

Brian, from here should I just tape off one side and spray a few coats and a drop coat to complete this test?
Attached Images