View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 11:29 AM   #54
cruizin01

Re: '78 K20 to C10. Almost 20 years in the making.

Couple small updates.

I finished all the wiring for the trans controller. I haven't gone through the setup yet as it recommends the engine being at operating temperature and I don't have the fan wired yet. But the controller is working, etc. I'm not sure where I'm going to put this thing. Its slightly larger than I was expecting. Id like it to be in plain site as it will be my only source for MPH until I go with a newer gauge setup. I may just by a clamp style cell phone holder and stick it on the bottom side of the dash somewhere for now.

Last night I worked on some more engine compartment wiring. I mounted a ground block under the battery tray. I also wired up the fan to a relay there. I had to then run a wire from the relay across the core support to the bulkhead wiring for the fan controller. Instead of running it through a hole in the firewall I decided to put terminals on each end and use open slots in the bulkhead connector. I did the same thing for the Dakota Digital sensor wiring. All time consuming!

I dug around and found a random aluminum bracket to mount the controller too. Id like to make it semi-accessible for adjustments and being able to see the display incase I need to. So I found a spot next to the steering column. It'll make all my connections short, neat, etc.

wiring it should be quick now. Just connect the relay wire, the temp sensor wiring, 2 12v wires and a ground. I'm not hooking up the optional AC wire for now. Ill see how the fan does and add it if necessary. I may just add a manual toggle switch to that wire to turn the fan on and off.
cruizin01 is offline   Reply With Quote