View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 09:49 PM   #14
jonmc56

Re: Turn indicator switch replacement - lots of pictures

Great tutorial, thanks Dennis.

I just used your instructions to replace my TS switch. Worked great, and I would add 3 things I learned:
  1. I never could get a tool down both sides of the plugs at the same time to release them. I ended up inserting a tool down one side, rocking it to the side to bend the tab in, then doing the same on the other side in order to release the pin.
  2. My old TS switch had the wires divided into 2 flat ribbon cables that sat on top of each other to run down the column. The new switch had all the wires in one wide ribbon cable. I ended up separating the wires up near where they exit the turn signal switch housing, so that they would 'bundle' better and take up less space as they pass through the opening in the bottom of the TS switch housing.
  3. Before the wires exit the TS Switch housing, they need to wrap around the TS Switch a little bit (maybe just a little more than an inch). There is a little clip on my TS Switch that the wires tuck under just before exit the housing. I didn't realize this at first, and the wires always got in the way when I tried to reinstall the housing onto the column.

Thanks again!
Jon
jonmc56 is offline   Reply With Quote