View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 12:40 PM   #5
MARTINSR

Re: High build primer and block sanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsonteg View Post
No dents or dings remaining, but I hit the lower coats and metal around a few areas before all of my guide coat was off.
If you hit metal and guide coat is still there, that is too much to fill with primer.

But listen, it really depends on where it's at, it depends on your expectations, it depends on a lot of factors if you want to correct this fully or just "get-r-dun" there is a little to think about here.

A newbe could over do this where it just doesn't matter, a rounded area on a fender or something like that, a little low spot won't be noticed and maybe not even seen at all if you wanted to.

Where as if this is in the middle of the door and depending on the color you are painting it, it could stand out like bullet hole.

If you shot a photo of these areas that may help. Another application of primer may be "good enough" where it will almost be gone even though you may hit that metal again while sanding before the guide coat is completely gone and it will without a doubt be good enough. It's hard to say, can you post a photo?

It's not like it's a real big deal understand, unless you are applying way to much primer and it's got solvent entrapment, it's not a real big deal. I am just going over this stuff so you have a better idea of how to attack each of these types of things when you come across them. And as Stomper said, all it takes is to finish off the filler properly and there is nothing to think about.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote