View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 01:11 PM   #16
skyphix

Re: Introduction and Short Story

Photos!

First gas stop about 15 miles from my buddies house. $18 tote from Walmart and some gorilla tape to keep my spare parts and tools.

Cheap seat cover and center console - both life savers! Seat cover has pockets and center console has cup holders and an arm rest - both important for 1300 miles.

Little gas stop glamor shot

Big Roadkill and Pisgah beer fan. Was just doing a oil and trans level check at this point.

Dinner glamour shot in Virginia - I really was not happy with my tire size choices but I took what I could get. I'll be picking up an inexpensive pair of 31x10.5's (265/75/15's) for the back to replace the 235/75/15's back there now. I'm going to do a far different wheel/tire setup ultimately but the mechanical stuff is all getting a lot more attention right now, so $200 for rear tires will make me a lot happier for the time being.

Still from some in cab video

Beautiful day for a drive

Stayed between 190 and 210 the entire drive. It has a fan shroud (was off in the photo I received of the engine bay) but it also has a crappy flex fan. Temps were creeping up in mid 70 degree sun but dropped immediately when I started moving. Thinking a better fixed-fin fan will address that but with the LS Swap impending I'm looking at picking up a big block radiator anyway (LS Swap radiators are stupid money, bigger big block radiators with the stock water ports, 2006 Yukon/Tahoe/Sierra/Silverado hoses, and a part from a VW solve the swap for a LOT less money) and probably wont bother with a different fan for the fall before I yank the motor this winter

Just another cool photo from the VA/WVA mountains.

Last edited by skyphix; 10-01-2018 at 01:19 PM.
skyphix is offline   Reply With Quote