View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #33
lsxponcho

Re: 1997 Silverado Stepside Project

I made a trip into Mopac and got the truck a gps interface module for the speedo. It was pretty simple to put in, but fishing the antenna cable through the interior was kind of a pain. The antenna itself is magnetized, and doesn't want to sit anywhere that isn't almost perfectly flat, so the only good place I found was at the back of the roof, in front of the high mount tail light. Its almost the perfect spot, and you don't notice it. I calibrated the module quick, and finally took the truck on a nice highway cruise. I made a stop in at the weigh scales in my travels. The piglet tips the scales at 3873 # with no driver, and a 1/4 tank of gas. Weight distribution is approximately 58% front, 42% rear. Not sure how acurate the scale was, but I think that's pretty decent...kinda wish I knew what it weighed originally for comparison. I'm guessing it was over 4000# somewhere. Then I went to town for ice cream and back home. It was pretty much a success except for the drivers side window kicking itself off the track when I rolled it down. It was only around 4 degrees Celsius...so the ice cream didn't melt on the way home at least, lol. I'll still chalk that up as a win.

lsxponcho is offline   Reply With Quote