View Single Post
Old 01-10-2017, 04:05 PM   #1
64jmb

1966 C10 Factory in dash AC question

Had a question:

I have a 1966 C10 Custom Cab with Factory in-dash air. I have redone everything in the truck including modernizing all the electronics and new wiring harness for the whole truck but not the AC set up yet. I do not want to use the old AC components and was thinking of using the Vintage Air set up with the original knobs and sliders and vents in the dash now. I spoke to them and they told me you can only use the sliders on the left or the 3 Fact AC knobs on the right.... but I can use the factory original vents by re-routing the vent hoses to the main center vents.... I am trying to figure out what the best thing is to do.... thoughts.... suggestions.... this truck very rare and and is a keeper... so I want to do it right and I have hear great things about the vintage air conversion.... let me know guys what you think.... what you all did .... they told me at vintage air the factory air trucks are so rare that they did not even make a kit conversion for that because most of the trucks did not have air in them...so they designed it for non air trucks...thoughts?? Especially, they guys that had factory AC what you did to convert yours over...Here is a pictures of my dash. You can see the vents and the sliders for the heat and defroster. The 3 pull knobs for the AC are to the right side of my factory vents not pictured.
Attached Images

Last edited by 64jmb; 01-10-2017 at 04:31 PM.
64jmb is offline   Reply With Quote