View Single Post
Old 05-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #8
ChevyTech

Re: Brake light on. Codes?

Quote:
I was driving one day in traffic and the light in the corner started to blink. I counted 10 blinks and then pause, 10 blink pause, etc. I turned off truck started up again and then light came on steady again after 35mph. It hasn't blinked again.
Replace the brake switch.

Brake Switch mounting – Installing:
The body of the brake switch should not move with the pedal at all. When you have the switch removed look at the side of the switch that would be towards the parking brake pedal if the switch were still installed. There is a protrusion on the switch that must slide into an opening where the switch mounts. Somewhat like a big square lug into a slot.

Here is how the switch is adjusted:
On the curved side of the switch, which is pointing down and somewhat towards the front of the vehicle when installed, the end of a lever protrudes slightly out of a slot.
While holding the brake pedal down a little ways, slide the lever that protrudes from the slot toward the driver’s seat.
Let go of the lever, then return the brake pedal to its fully released position, and the switch should self adjust.

Quote:
I was also wondering if the brake light comes on if your brake pads are wearing low? Do these trucks have a sensor to detect brake wear?
No, and No!
The wear sensor in not electronic. It is just a tab that hits the rotor and makes noise.
ChevyTech is offline   Reply With Quote