View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 11:45 AM   #22
RADustin

Re: dual tanks with late model EFI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzie View Post
That's worthwhile information.
Do you have any details on how it works or links to share?
I'll make a build thread soon for my duramax swap. For late model diesels, this is the only way to go as they require large fuel supply lines and flow- more than the switch will handle. Duramax vans usually had dual tanks, one primary and one secondary that would jockey pump into the primary. They still have two fills. Duramax are not tank in pump, only have the pump on the motor. I'm going to run an aftermarket lift pump but even so it isn't required. Really the only tank modifications is to get a sender with a 1/2" feed and 3/8 return...which is easy to do by using a stock sender and adding in the 1/2" feed and using the 3/8" line as the return.

This is similar to some LS cars. Any newer style dual tank setup is this way, just have to find one. Again looking at vans and cab and chassis is the way to go. Or older 2007 and prior GM medium duty trucks. Find the application and lookup the wiring diagrams/parts list.

The voltage to gallons capacity map can be configured in the tune to use stock square senders. The duramax(LML anyways) can even configure the output voltage to the gauge. I'm not sure if other PCMs can do this or if you need to modify the gauge- but you can also lie on the volts to gallons map to get the fuel gauge correct- it'll just be off if you check with a code scanner.
RADustin is offline   Reply With Quote