View Single Post
Old 09-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #6
Dirsuper

Re: Where do you want to end up?

No plans to change ratios or add a locker, so I guess I'll just change fluid/gasket and leave it alone. I do want to change wheel bearings, suspension/steering bushings, etc., so I guess I'll start there.

I am still debating whether or not to pull the body (or, 'tub') off the frame. My main concern is fear that I will screw it up and end up with a pile of worthless steel. I read a thread a while back either here or CK5 about a dude who dumped lots of $$$$ into one only to find upon reassembly (attempt) that the body had gotten twisted. I know about bracing the doors, but other than that......I guess I'm being a wimp!

Oh, and an edit to say yeah, that shop is my lifelong dream. I damn near live in it. The saddest part of my week is when I have to shut down on Sunday night and get ready for the work week.......my fantasy is to figure out how to make a living out of that thing.......The highlight of each day is coming home from work, changing, and walking out to the shop. Even if I just sit there and look around, I am in paradise. The family has realized, if they want to spend time with me, come out to the shop. The wife fought it for a while, but I hate the very idea of watching tv (waste of life) and I'm not much for board games.......in the shop, there's always something cool to mess with!

Last edited by Dirsuper; 09-15-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Dirsuper is offline   Reply With Quote