View Single Post
Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #271
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside BILLYBOB

And typically today I have a day leave that I had to take...... Aaaaaand??

Nicola needs some quick Christmas prezzies for friends. You know those "Honey Do's"

Women never seem to realize, it's never "quick"

Anyway, been at it for just over three hours. Made 5 different candle holder blocks that hold between two and six tea light candles and their glass holders.

Day ended up costing about six hours to make this lot, but I am happy, been a while since I was really productive.

Pics.

This is a two sided candle block.

And the other side.

These fit really tightly into the base holes, so will not get knocked off.

First lot done.

Then came in, had some lunch (sandwich n coffee) after whih I hand sharpened all my tools to a silly keeness.

Then grabbed this lump, lined it up and got going......

Making this pair of tea light holders.

The dark details is created by forcing a tool against the wood at speed, so that it burns the wood.

Lastly, pulled a piece of oak from the firewood offcut bucket and thought I would give it a go.

I made the ashtray for my mate Era, who is also known as Oldone Racing, he builds championship winning Mazda Rotary motors.

When he smokes in his workshop, he usually has incense burning too. So an incense burner/ashtray.

And that is the lot for today.

I have some more time off before year end, so may just go to the shed for more therapy.

I also have to build a wheeling trolley for the compressor I recently bought.

But the weather sucks big time right now......
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote