View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #22
56ChevyPu

Re: 4 link Kit for 55-59 Chevy Truck

Sorry guys I have limited access and man busy busy busy, but really like all the responses and the photos.

Ogre, I have thought about the torque bar, actually in my mind I have probably built the rear suspensions a 10 times, 10 different ways. Thanks for the photos, is the photo of torque bar by Jay Kopycinski an off the shelf part that fits a 1956 Chevy SB truck?

Ok well my reason for going triangulated 4 link was thinking ahead if I was going to add bags placing the bags on the inside bars, not using a pan hard bar because that is just redundancy when using the triangulated, but that surly doesn’t’ mean I’m saying it’s better than a parallel 4 link with pan hard to answer 1-ton of Fun.

You all have me thinking of what actually to do about my rear-end, I do want to have the option to bag and lower later if I’m going to spend any money on it. And the last thing I want to do is, to change the setup again later. As reaper 71 mentioned that he would change things to get his exhaust room to run to the back…….I haven’t even thought about that…..and I like my exhaust to run to the back because on long runs it helps keep the noise and rumble down. So I might have to start thinking parallel 4 link with hard bar because my exhaust is already done.

For sure I will have to do one of these in the short term;
STOP putting my foot into so much
Or find the best, inexpensive way to stop the axle roll/spring wrap knowing it will be changed later.

Thanks again for the ideas and keep them coming, I have not bought anything yet and the longer I wait the more I have to spend so I guess the slow progress is working in my favor this time.

RG
http://public.fotki.com/56ChevyPu/
56ChevyPu is offline   Reply With Quote