View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #16
Coley

Re: Whats a good offer for....

The truck is worth $4k-$6k all day long on the market and would sell for that with even a reasonable bit of sales effort.
So from that you have to develop your strategy.
You have to act fast tho'....the longer it lingers and the more they 'talk' about it, the more the price is going to go up or someone is going to step in with real money and take it.
I wouldn't putz around with 'lowball' offers....and I don't want people to have to walk away (and talk) and think about it because it seems low.
Make sure you deal with someone there who has the final say in it....and go in with the cash on you and assert that you can have it out of there today.
I would also 'hint' at a $100 finders fee for the guy who greenlights it quickly....noting that if it is a municipal arrangement and process, a little extra pocket cash for the administrator can help things along.
Personally I wouldn't start any offer below $2500 on that truck because of the reasons I just listed.

my two bits.
Coley
2005 Chevy Silverado HD2500/Duramax
2000 Dodge Ram 1500
Coley is offline   Reply With Quote