Thread: 1969 Short Wide
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 10:29 PM   #13
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Well I was truly fortunate to locate a truck in that condition; the one I had prior to this was in need of some serious repair.

I have to agree with you though... you just don't see many retaining the 69-70 grills. Even in my short lived experiences with these trucks I have gone from the 67-68 to the 71-72 and finally ended with the 69-70. I've even changed the style I wanted... from full custom to a fairly original truck with minor modifications (clean and sleek).

I will be sure to keep up on this build, and if you run into any issues let me know. I will try to help as best I can.

BTW.. the grill posted above on the blue truck looks to be in fairly good condition. Try to reuse it if you can as they don't make them anymore. The only pictured above is a true original grill and you can tell by the continuation of the lines between the turnsignals and the headlights. Where as mine is a true GM replacement grill ad the black continues on past the turnsignals but they don't reach the headlights. The aftermarket replacements don't continue on the outside of the turnsignals. Use it if you can... I'm going to try and locate a nice original one in the future, as if!

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote