View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #15
knightowl73
TUKE-NoBullChit Customs owner

Re: anyone using their old ac condenser as a trans cooler?

yes I am definately concerned with the engine temp, my father says its normal but I still just dont like it, would rather it run say 180-190 most of the time for assurance. can I check myself for a clogged radiator?

as far as the trans problem, maybe it was overfull and puked some? ive been driving it around and it seems just fine. but im definately adding a cooler, this is my first truck without one, i seemed to remember i had to have one on my blazer in high school cus of the stall converter and being 3" off the ground in the texas heat. it did make my trannies last alot longer back then, so im puttin one. would like a factory guage tho. what are my options on gauges from the factory besides trying to use a factory water temp gauge? did the c60 trucks have trans temp guages by any chance i could put where my clock is now?
OWNER @ NBC Customs...No Bull Chit....'92 GMC C2500 ECSB 350/TH400, '57 FORD SKYLINER (My dad's for now, but its really mine-you'll NEVER see a cooler car at 7 years old lol), '42 ford rat rod shop truck (new project), 91 CHRYSLER VOYER MINIVAN (shop van for now)

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nbc.customs

knightowl73 is offline   Reply With Quote