View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 08:27 AM   #4
lks dcvn

Re: You Chose a Blazer/Jimmy - WHY?

I was looking to sell my 95 Impala SS that just sits in the garage unless it is nice weather out and figured - if I am going to have a nice weather only car - I might as well get a convertible.

So began the search for something not too common that could be registered as a classic (older than 25 years in Ohio) and could be plated once and not have to have recurring expenses for registration (like the Impala - every year)

I stumbled onto a few boards looking for older cars and have always had a need for a pickup truck in the summer months to move some large stuff around...I accidentally found the Blazer part of this forum and really liked the body style, the removable top and the ease of working on them.

I found several that were rotted out and that would have needed some 'help' to get going - but thanks to several board members I was educated in the process and was given some guidance to the green one in my avatar (Bouncy's Old Truck) and had it shipped to Ohio.

Sadly, against my original plan - I still have the Impala in the garage and the Blazer costs me more money due to my persistent goal to update a few areas that could use some work. I think that is part of the hobby/addiction though.

lks dcvn is offline   Reply With Quote