View Single Post
Old 08-20-2017, 10:04 PM   #431
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Did a little bit of work today. Decided to take another look at the D/S door pillar.

I think a part of me is afraid to finish plug welding the back of the cab to the floor, because I feel like that's the point of no return. It would be very difficult to undo it. Maybe I should see a shrink?

Glad I double..., triple..., lost count of how many times I have checked the door pillar and it's a good thing I did. I had a feeling I was off a bit and I was right. Using the measurement of 7.5 inches from the top mount hole to the center of the fender mount hole, I was off by about a 1/2 inch.

I cut a piece of one of my leftover door pillars (I've only ordered about 4 of them so far), and used it to make a spacer and tack welded it in place.

Next I need to finish welding the cowl panel in place, drill holes for the mounting bolts on the door pillar and the hole for the lower door mount bolt, then I can mount the door pillar, hopefully for the last time.

Here's the gap and my spacer. I drew those white lines before I made the spacer to make sure I lined it up properly. Seems to be where I want it.

Tack welded in place, and then test fitted the pillar again. The white lines match up, so it should be good.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote