View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #10
stevejohnson48

Re: 5-6 spd manual trans,4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnJr View Post
SteveJohnson
I haven't got a clue why you are posting on this thread and I don't follow your gibberish posted above.If you have something to say just say it.
You seem to have a problem with my answer so please post your own answer.
Lynn
Quot from tipshiep can any of the Tremec 5/6 speeds and others be mated to the transfer case? It's a NP 241, will go through it when doing the swap.Thanks::Nothing said about tail shaft requirements from 700r4 to 5 sp manual??/ TipShep From Lynn
Any 4x4 tranny from a 1990 -1995 will bolt right up and will work.You must get the shift tower with the tranny as they changed but they will still work.One is short with a big tower and the other is taller with a shorter tower.
They are patterned after the old ZF trannies and shift just like a car not a truck.Again nothing said about transfer box So as to you eariler Quot From LYNN;I am not an 18 year old offering advise here but if that is what this forum is all about have at it.I don't need to be here.
Lynn/// Me Steve the whole question was about what it take to change over from a 700r4 to a 5 or 6 SP manual tipshiep indicated that he was going to go through his existing 241,how do you expect his existing 241 trans box to fit a manual you may not be a 18 year old but But.But you know that when your were <HYPOTHETICAL> 18 years old(As Mr. tipshiep may be)you vary will might have gone to the salvage yard and asked for manual transmission with out the tranfer box with what infomation was given that{and again} he was going to rebuild his existing transfer box!!!/SEE BELOW
Originally Posted by LynnJr View Post
TipShep
Any 4x4 tranny from a 1990 -1995 will bolt right up and will work.You must get the shift tower with the tranny as they changed but they will still work.One is short with a big tower and the other is taller with a shorter tower.
They are patterned after the old ZF trannies and shift just like a car not a truck.////I'm vary interested in performing this task only in reverse as wanting to change a NV 3500 (GETRAG)to a 700r4 with a 241 transfer box!!/So under standing that ADVANCED ADOPTERS sells tail shafts that will fit my manual transfer box and since I'm going to go through both transmission and transfer box I felt it might a worthy mention as to the tail shaft options
stevejohnson48 is offline   Reply With Quote