View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
GCncsuHD
Charlie Daniels w/ a Tq Wrench

Re: Engine covers 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3W CITY View Post
No one sells custom ones for the trucks (that I could find), but there are a few styles. Theres the Vortec Max and Vortec 6000 covers, the single peice 5.3 cover, the escalade style cover, and the old squareish style cover. There is a member on here who did a custom molded one from a 3 piece cover and it was pretty slick.
These are pretty much your options if you keep the truck intake. IMO the old squarish one was the ugliest, the newer curved ones are better, and the 3 piece look the best.

They are all interchangeable although some of them require a little trimming if you have the DBW throttle body.

Here was a custom one I saw at the Auto Fair, not my favorite design but it was definitely smooth. Looks like he took one of the rounded ones, shaved it, then added wings.

Or you can do things to clean up the stock ones, this my one day transformation on my 01, a little filler primer, colormatched paint, and a silver paint pen went a long way. I was rushed, so I am going to redo it soon and smooth the spots where the labels used to be on the radiator cover, chrome coil covers and do a few other things.
78 K30 Dually Semi-Retired Fire Truck 350/SM465 35"s
SOLD01 2500HD ECSB 6.0 4x4 5.13's 8" lift 38"s

Last edited by GCncsuHD; 06-07-2011 at 10:34 AM.
GCncsuHD is offline   Reply With Quote