View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #76
sweetk30

Re: budget beater c10 to k30 swap over build.

today was productive .

got the steering box off another delayed build project truck . since i have a locker in that trucks front end and want hydro assist i figure take the reg 4wd box and use it on this truck . plus its a AGR box i got in labor trade from friend may he r.i.p . . . and he had only used it for around 5k miles i think he said so its like new .

then i dug out a jeep shaft i got from another member in the past . then i have my ORD bolt in box brace kit ready to install with it . also my new MOOG drag link setup from the other delayed build truck .

the mix and match of parts is helping get this truck together but at the same time it helps use stuff from others i would not need or have to modify anyways . so unbolt / use on this one and get the correct ones later for the others .

then i got my other new fuel pump sock from NAPA today for the pass side tank i am using the stock tbi sender with tbi pump as a transfer tank to the driver side high pressure pump setup . got it installed and ready to hang on the brackets . . . got to clean them up quick and paint them yet .

i also got the lines run on the engine from the HOLLEY sniper down the back of the engine and over to the driver side frame rail and down to the area for the tank sender . just need to finalize the length yet one my fuel filter get here . i got a WIX 33267 metal unit with mount tab bracket rated for 9micron filtration . they were used on gm fullsize efi cars from 90-93 . they get me the micron size requirement of 10 micron from HOLLEY but better at 9 micron and 3/8" in/out quick connect like my connectors i got up on the sniper unit . basically it will almost be a factory looking setup minus a few tweeks .

then i dug out my power steering pump and remote reservoir unit from a 95 g20 fullsize van i parted years ago . its a direct install on the serp belt bracket and vans were hydroboost so its goo that way . then the remote reservoir will be mounted on the core support to be a fast easy check and fill like the engine oil and trans fluid dip stick units i used from a g-series fullsize van also .

o.k. thats it for now time for a drinky
Attached Images

85-c10sb summer fun toy .
-----------------------------
HOLLEY SNIPER efi = worst case of p.i.t.a i ever had .

EDELBROCK pro flo 4 = best deal going so far . love my setup works great.
sweetk30 is offline   Reply With Quote