View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 08:46 PM   #221
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Nothing ever comes back from the sandblaster better than you expected. It's got a little more rot in the bed floor along the edges than I had hoped. I'm going to get some steel cut into strips and put some 90 degree bends in. That will work for most of the rust. The bed floor itself is fixable with flat pieces except for the back corners, which was expected. Not sure how I'm going to handle that yet. If anyone has patched these corners by the tailgate, please post some info.

Front left corner.

front edge

right wheel well

left rear corner

right rear corner

On another note, I've been having problems with my spray gun. It's a cheapo one, but worked ok the first couple times. The last 2 times it loses flow every few seconds for just a bit. Long enough to leave gaps in coverage as your moving. I thought it was partially clogged, but did the same thing after cleaning. I sprayed water through it to try and fiddle with the adjustments and I can't get consistant flow. It also had air bubbles going into the tank while spraying. I got rid of that with some adjusting.

The other gun with a paint tip on it sprays just fine. Not sure what to do with it.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote